Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday: 12pm to 6pm
Saturday: 12pm to 4pm
Rita B. Huff Humane Society
530 Bearkat Blvd.
Huntsville, Texas 77340
Humane Society of Walker County
Rita B. Huff Humane Society © 2017 All rights reserved
Rita B. Huff
Thank you for your interest in adopting from Rita H. Huff Humane Society of Walker County. Please take a moment to read our adoption policies below. If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
1. We do not do same day adoptions, unless all requirements are met.
2. No application will be processed until you have met with the animal, all family members must meet.
3. All applications received will be processed with the best interests of the dog or cat in mind, to ensure a successful adoption for your family.
4. After your application has been received, it will be sent to our supervisors for review.
5. It is a requirement of the rescue for all current dogs in the household to meet with the selected dog; if you are applying for a dog at an off-site location during an adoption event, you must be willing to travel to the main rescue in Huntsville, Texas with your current dog (if applicable) to meet as well as for the adoption day.
6. There may be a home visit for dog adoptions. There also may be a home visit for cat adoptions.
7. Our cats and dogs have not been trained as individual therapy companions and cannot be adopted for this purpose.
8. You must be 18 years of age to adopt.
9. Rita B. Huff Humane Society reserves the right to refuse an adoption to anyone for any reason.
If you have any questions about your application, please call us at 936-295-4666 or email email@example.com
Regular adoption fees at the shelter are $85, which covers:
- Full vetting done by licenced Veterinarian
- Vaccinations, including Rabies (age appropriate)
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Flea treatment/preventative
- Heartworm testing, treatment, and/or preventative
- FeLV/FIV screening